Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update

Although it has been a long time since I have updated this, I am going to try to revive it and keep a regular routine of posting.
Much has happened since the last post...
I am still living in New York, am now working at The Eastside Running Company, as well as at STAR Physical Therapy as a Therapist's Aide, and I am taking classes in preparation for applying to graduate programs to become a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
I still have a beautiful amazing girl in my life, Allison, whom I love very much.
I am also now back to pretty serious structured training getting ready to run the NYC Half Marathon on March 18th. It will be my first crack at the distance on the road and I am super excited to see what kind of time I can run. Training is going pretty well so far, I am being pretty careful with things due to my history of injuries from trying to do too much too quickly in the past. With the right approach and the right mindset I think I can really see what I am capable of. I want to give a big shout out to the folks at PacificHealth Labs who are helping me out with my nutrition needs in the form of Accelerade sports drink and Endurox R4 recovery drink, good products that I really feel help me out from good people.
I'll try to use this to keep anyone who might be interested up to date on how things are going with training, racing, and that funny thing called life.
Be easy.
-Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment